About Skin Care: Saying Goodbye...

If you can't see this email, click here

About

Skin Care

Face Care

Body Care

Product Reviews



From Jen Adkins, your Guide to Skin Care

Just a note to say thank you for taking the time to read, email, share, engage and be a part of my life for the past six years.  Today is my last day writing for About.com.

When I think back to when I started writing for About.com in 2008, I was thrilled to write about something that I was educated in and had such a passion for: skin care.  The years flew by and while I always kept my passion for the skin care industry as a whole, my interests moved towards sun safety when I found out my daughter had advanced pediatric skin cancer.

Over the past two years since her diagnosis and through her treatments, I've immersed myself in the sun care industry and have found that this niche is such a perfect place for me to be.  Last year I launched a website called Not Pasty where women are encouraged to see beauty in their natural skin tone - no matter how light or dark it is.  I'd love to have you join me over there!

Along with writing about sun safety (and of course, beauty and skin care) at Not Pasty, I've found myself in the beginning stages of working towards educating youth about the realities of the sun. Read more about the site and my plans and if you would like to work with me in the future, please reach out!

  • To my readers, my utmost thanks to you. It has been so fun to hear from you and talk about all things skin - from wrinkles and pimples and product reviews and suggestions, I have had a blast. If you haven't connected on social media, I hope you will.
  • To the PR reps who have worked with me throughout the past 6 years, thank you for keeping me in the loop and it's be fun getting to know many of you. Feel free to keep me on your radar: info@notpasty.com.
  • To the amazing dermatologists, skin care line founders, book authors and other experts who have graciously worked with me, I hope our paths cross at Not Pasty and thank you for sharing your expertise with my readers.
  • For my fellow About.com Experts, I am honored to have worked with you. I wish you the best and I hope to work with you in the future.
  • To About.com, thank you for the opportunity, the exposure and all that went along with writing for your site. I wish you a lifetime of success.

I'm sad to say goodbye to About.com, but I am excited about my future and I hope you'll follow along with me.  You can find me on Facebook, my personal Twitter and my Not Pasty Twitter, Google+ and of course, Not Pasty or email me at info@notpasty.com.

All the best to you! Remember, exfoliate, moisturize and wear sunscreen! :)

Jen Adkins

 










Related Searches
Featured Articles

 

More from About.com

Run Your First 5K
Even couch potatoes can be ready for a 5K with just a couple months of training. Read more...>



Help! I'm Too Busy
Time and stress management tips to help you feel as though you have more time. Read more...>




This newsletter is written by:
Jen Adkins
Skin Care Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Skin Care newsletter. If you wish to change your email address, please click here. If you would like to unsubscribe from all newsletters sent from About.com, please send an email to optout@about.com with "Unsubscribe" as the subject line.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
1500 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY, 10036

© 2014 About.com
 


Must Reads
Argan Oil Benefits for Skin, Hair and Body
6 Habits that are Ruining Your Skin
6 Tips to Shrink Pores
7 Tips to Brighten Your Complexion
How to Get Rid of Crows Feet
 
Follow me on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment